After getting very bored of finding nothing but samey, pastel baby clothes in the world, I decided to knit this little number.
It’s incredibly easy and for those interested, the instructions are as follows:
- Cast on 60 stitches.
- Knit 23 rows of stocking stitch by starting on a purl row.
- On row 24 begin to reduce by knitting 4 and then knitting 2 together – repeat this pattern to the end of the row.
- Purl the next row as normal.
- Knit the following row by repeating 3 knit stitches, then knitting 2 together.
- Purl the next row.
- Complete this row by knitting 2 and then 2 together, all the way along.
- Purl this row.
- Repeat knit 1, knit 2 together to the end of the row.
- Knit 2 together along the row. Cut the wool, leaving a long tail, and pass the thread through the remaining stitches to finish.
- Sew up the seam of the hat.
- To make the ears, cast on 6 stitches. Knit into the front and back of each stitch.
- Stocking stitch 8 rows.
- Knit one, knit 2 together, knit 6, knit 2 together, knit one.
- Cut the wool, leaving a long tail, and pass the thread through the remaining stitches. Pull this tight to curl the ear and sew onto the hat.
- Make another ear to finish.