And come bearing a finished tank top. I started this in November, and based it on the same pattern as the Pacman one which I did for my brother. I decided to try knitting it in the round though, so that I didn’t have to endure any purling when unnecessary. This was a lot quicker than traditional knitting, however as I had such a massive break between starting and finishing this garment, my tension was totally ‘off’ and I ended up with a flared vest.
What makes this worse is that technically, this is the best bit of kniting I’ve done. Only 2 seams on the shoulders – grafted, not sewn – and knitted on a round needle. Even the v-neck came out looking exactly right this time. So yeah, I’m gutted that it was tight on S-, making the chances of it fitting my dad – if you’ll excuse the pun – very thin indeed.
Looks like tank top two for baby brother. Nuts.
In other news, the completion of this latest failure has left me open to finishing a few more small projects which I started and never completed.
I also picked some flowers: